LO: solve problems involving the relative size of two quantities
You know the drill- watch the video, complete the tasks during the input and then complete the tasks at the end.
LO: Write a non-chronological report
You are writing the next two paragraphs today.
Don’t forget to use your features checklist in order to make sure you are including all the features of a non-chronological report.
Also, there is your sentence openers and keywords sheet so that your sentences have interesting openers.
Targets for today:
Let’s apply the skills we looked at on Monday into reading texts over the course of the week.
Read ‘The Phantom Vessel’ and complete the questions.
Choose something or a combination of things:
- Joe Wicks videos on YouTube
- Yoga videos on YouTube
- Design your HIIT session and see if you can complete!
- Invent a new sport, test it and improve the rules.
- Create your own sporting drill to practise a certain skill for your favourite sport.
- Invent an Anglo-Saxon sport, based on your knowledge of what they liked to do.
LO: To produce a piece of writing about a human
In the last lesson, you researched about humans. Today you will be turning the notes and information into a non-chronological report. Do you know the key features? If you don’t remember, see the attached sheet with the key features.
Also, look here for some examples of some of them: https://www.literacywagoll.com/non-chronological-report.html
- 15-20 minutes of reading a day
- Live Joe Wicks session on YouTube in the morning
- TT Rockstars
Complete page 15-16 of the activity booklet
Write a list of as many Mrs Wordsmith words as you can, in alphabetical order. How many do you remember?