Tell somebody what has happened so far.
- What was the first thing that mum saw when she arrived home?
- What was mum’s reaction when she saw grandma? What words did the writer use? (‘giggled and gaped and looked as though she was going to faint’)
- Describe George’s dad.
- Why was dad so impressed?
- What words did dad use to show he was impressed? (colossal, gigantic, tremendous miracle)
- What did dad do?
- Why didn’t grandma like what was going on?
- What were the family’s different views of grandma?
- What was dad’s plan?
- Why was there a problem with making the medicine? How did dad sort it out?
- What do you think about dad?
Write your answers down and send us them! We would love to see them.
Draw a picture of your favourite part of this section of the book. Think about the following to write about this part too!
- Why is this your favourite part of these chapters?
- Do you like any of the author’s words or phrases?
- What do they add to the story?