Welcome to Key Stage 1!
In Key Stage 1, we have two mixed-aged classes of Year R and Year 1 children, these are Pine and Cherry Class which are situated in the main school building.
We also have two mixed-aged classes of Year 1 and Year 2 children, these are Beech and Elm classes which are based out in the mobile. All four classes are joined together by our large outdoor area.
In all four classes, we work hard everyday to challenge ourselves and become independent learners. We will update this page every Friday with information about what we have been up to, photos of our learning in action and an e-copy of the week's homework.
We hope you enjoy looking around!
- If you need to contact your child's class teacher and are unable to catch us on the playground, please email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs Stevens)
email@example.com (Miss Denton)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs Southby)
email@example.com (Mrs Bevan)
- We aim to reply as soon as we can but will always reply within 72 hours.
- Year 1 and 2 P.E and Forest day is Friday.
- Please ensure children come to school in their PE kits on these days.
- Homework is set on a Friday and will include a Literacy and Maths activity. We set three different levels of challenge for each subject, so you can help your child to choose the one which is appropriate for them. The homework will be posted on the website class page by the end of day Friday. Please email evidence of completed homework to your class email no later than Wednesday.
- The children will have their home reading book changed once a week, on their allocated reading day. If you are unsure of which day this is, please ask your child's class teacher. We recommend that your child reads their book a few times over the course of the week, dependent on its length, to build up their reading fluency and ability to sight read key words.
For our long term curriculum overview covered in KS1, please see the KS1 curriculum page, or follow the link https://www.manea.cambs.sch.uk/ks1/